Creating a thriving and meaningful life depends on our willingsness to understand the basic human condition of being prone to suffering and of having to die at a certain point of our lives.
The 4-fold tasks outlined here in my talk are proofed and capable of not being conditioned by conditioning factors of our lives such as reactivity*. Not being conditioned let us experience a complete perspective shift in our understanding and experiencing what it means to be free and to be human.
The goal of the 4-fold task is to lead an integrated life
- Embrace life – [comprehending suffering].
- Let go of what arises – [letting go of reactivity].
- See its ceasing – [beholding its ceasing].
- Act! – [cultivating the path].
which leads to
- Building the city
in a culture of awakened human beings.
The path is to be cultivated for building our cities and societies anew.
* Stephen Batchelor: after buddhism. Rethinking the dharma for a secular age. Yale University Press. 2015